Payment of salary of the Government employees through Bank Account. - 7TH PAY COMMISSION NEWS
Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Payment of salary of the Government employees through Bank Account.

Government of West Bengal
Finance Department
Writers’ Buildings, Kolkata - 700 001.

No.FS-130/2011                                         June 8, 2011.

The Addi. Chief Secretary/
Principal Secretary/Secretarry,

Government of West Bengal.

Sub:- Payment of salary of the Government employees through Bank Account.

Sir/Madam,

   1. The West Bengal Government’s e-Payment of Salary (ePS) Scheme, 2009 had been introduced in terms of Notification No.8301-F dated August 26, 2009. 1 am directed to inform you that the Government has decided that payment of monthly salary of all the employees of various departments/directorates/regional offices of the State Government will be made compulsory through bank accounts of the employees concerned.

   2. In this connection, I would request you to make necessary arrangement for implementation of Part A of the scheme as mentioned in the Notification NO.8301-F dated August 26, 2009, for all categories of the employees of their regular establishmens. It is requested that steps may kindly be initiated so that the salary for all the employees are paid through credit to their bank accounts, either through Electronic Credit System (ECS) or by way of payment being credited through a designated bank in the employee accounts, latest for the salary month of September, 2011. A brief report of the department concerned on the steps initiated may kindly be sent by end of July, 2011.

   3. In this connection, it may also be noted that the Finance Department has already taken up the matter with the Reserve Bank of India for improvement of the scheme and necessary order in this regard will be issued in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India and other nationalized banks in due course. All the concerned banks are also being requested to extend necessary co-operation in opening salary accounts in favour of the employees with zero balance.

The matter is extremely urgent. Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
sd/-
(C.M. Bachhawat)

order copy

4 comments:

  1. Sir,
    I have changed my surname as `"Dutta".I have been using my changed surname only since then in all the Official documents. My surname was "Mandal" when I joined to the Govt.service. "Dutta(Mandal)" is being used in my G.P.F. A/C slip.
    A bank account will be opened to me for epayment of salary,Hence may I used changed surname only in case of opening the same ? .Pl. advice me...N.K.Dutta

    ReplyDelete
  2. State Bank of India ,Howrah main branch (Branch code 91)has not adviced for payment of salary for those staffs of Howrah (Agri-Irri)Sub-Div,37,Panchanantala Road,Howrah-1,who has not opened zero balance salary savings account with this bank.Till 29Aug 2011 none other than SBI customers got the salary. Is it correct on their part to send SMS crediting for own customers only on 26Aug2011(salary date)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. About SBI, Howrah branch I have got something to say.I am having savings account no50069356955(IFSC ALLA 0211813)with ALLAHABAD BANK,Botanical Gardens Branch,Howrah-711 103.Salary date for Aug was 26th I got SMS on 30th,on Sept salary date was 26th I got SMS on 28th,this Oct salary date is 25th but till writing this mail I didn't got any SMS(Office memo no 423 dt 21-10-2011 of the office of the Asst Engineer(Agri-Irri)37,Panchanantala Road,Howrah-711 103 clearly indicated to credit my account). Pl. let me know if there is any wrong on my part as I followed WB Govt order and opened my account with listed Nationalized bank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In contnuation to comment dated 20-8-2011 I would like to comment that for October 2011 the same problem has been created by SBI Howrah

    ReplyDelete

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot